Responsible for the content of the website:
- “Personal Data” means all information relating to an identified or identifiable private person or legal entity.
- “Customer” means a Visitor who purchases Merchandise via the Website.
- “User” means both Visitor and Customer.
- “Visitor” means any private person or legal entity accessing the Website.
2.1 Kugelmeiers develops, manufactures, markets and sells cell cultures and medical devices.
3. Personal Data
3.1 When Visitor accesses or User registers on the Website it voluntarily provides certain Personal Data to Kugelmeiers. Such Personal Data can include an IP address, name, gender, email address, shipping and billing information, telephone number provided during sign-up as well as surfing patterns, and any other information User may provide to Kugelmeiers.
3.2 Kugelmeiers may receive certain Personal Data about User, being from social media networks or otherwise. Kugelmeiers may also collect Personal Data which User actively provides, such as, for instance Personal Data that User writes on Kugelmeiers‘ social media pages (or Personal Data User exposes by ‚liking‘ or ‚following‘ Kugelmeiers’ pages or channels), and/or provides on other services. Such Personal Data is considered public, and may be collected by third parties beyond Kugelmeiers‘ control. Any Personal Data User exposes when contacting Kugelmeiers, via email or otherwise, may also be collected.
3.3 Kugelmeiers may collect User’s IP address and other Personal Data about User’s activities on the Website. For example, Kugelmeiers may record how many times User accesses the Website or what Content User accesses, and/or what device User uses. Kugelmeiers may place cookies (i.e. small data packets) on User’s device for identification purposes and to increase usability and user experience. User may opt not to have cookies installed on his/her device, in which case User’s usability and user experience of the Website may be limited.
3.4 At some point, User may decide to refer the Website to others. Should this be done through the Website or any other system of Kugelmeiers, then Personal Data may be collected from such activity.
3.5 The Website integrates functions (so called plugins) of various third party operators of social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+). Those plugins allow Visitors to share content in social networks. If a plugin appears while accessing the Website (e.g., the Facebook “like” button), a connection to the servers of the corresponding operator is automatically established. In such case Personal Data about the access to the Website may be transferred to such third party operator. If User is logged into the network of the third party operator while at the same time accessing the Website, Personal Data can be assigned to User’s social network account (e.g. User’s Facebook, Twitter or Google+ account).
3.6 Kugelmeiers uses third party services to analyse surfing behaviour of its Users (e.g. Google Analytics). Those third parties may process the surfing data visitors create on the Website. Data collected this way is being transferred anonymously to servers of those third parties, also outside Switzerland, in particular to the U.S.A.
4. Use of Personal Data
4.1 Kugelmeiers intends to use the Personal Data it collects about User to provide to User, and to grant him/her access to, the Website, and to support User in any purchase of the Content. In addition, Kugelmeiers may use User’s Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Purchase: Kugelmeiers may use the Personal Data to provide the merchandise purchased to Customer.
- Improvement of the Website: For example, if Kugelmeiers sees that it has many Visitors or Customers from a certain region, Kugelmeiers may choose to improve Users’ experience by using the Personal Data.
- Communications: Kugelmeiers may use the Personal Data it collects to contact User. For example, this may be for Website promotional offers Website related news. Kugelmeiers will use commercially reasonable efforts to keep these communications simple, clear, and at an appropriate rate, as deemed reasonable by Kugelmeiers. User may opt out from Kugelmeiers’ communications by unsubscribing from such news.
4.2 User agrees that (i) User’s Personal Data may be accessed in, transferred to, and processed in countries with laws that may not guarantee the same level of data protection as in Switzerland; and (ii) that Kugelmeiers may also engage third parties to manage or maintain User’s Personal Data.
5. General Provisions
5.4 Disputes arising under, or in connection with, these Terms shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the competent court of the city of Zurich, Switzerland.
DESIGN, CONCEPT + CODE